Cá Kho Tộ
1 lb catfish fillets (bone and skin optional)
1/4 cup salt
2 tbsp oil
5 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 yellow onion, sliced
1 tsp salt
1.5 tbsp fish sauce
1/2 teaspoon dark soy sauce
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup coconut water
1 chile, sliced
1 green onion, chopped
Freshly ground black pepper
- Salt fish and rinse under water. Set aside to dry.
- Add oil to pan and saute garlic over medium heat until lightly browned.
- Layer onion on top, and add the fish, spacing evenly.
- Add the seasoning & cooking liquid and turn the heat to high until it starts to boil. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Gently flip the fish pieces and simmer for a final 10 minutes with the lid partially covering the pan.
- Spoon sauce over the fish continously and be sure to not overcook.
- Add green onion during last 2 minutes to wilt and top with freshly ground black pepper.