1 lb Pacific cod fillets, boneless and skinless
4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
1 cup of Italian panko breadcrumbs
½ cup peas, frozen or canned
1 large egg
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
2 Tbsp flour
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Boil potatoes in large pot of salted water until tender. Drain and mash the potatoes.
- Poach cod in pan of water for 10-12 minutes or until fully cooked. Once cooked thoroughly remove fish and flake it, discard any skin or bones (if any).
- Boil peas until cooked thoroughly, then drain.
- Mix together mashed potatoes, flaked cod, peas, garlic powder, pepper, and salt.
- Set up 3 bowls for breading. Place flour in shallow dish. Beat egg in second shallow dish. Place third shallow dish.
- Shape fish mixture into approximately 1” balls. Roll each ball into flour, then into the beaten egg.
- Place each ball on baking sheet. Repeat until all have been breaded.
- Spray bites with cooking spray, this will help brown the outer edge.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve with dipping sauce of your choice.