Fish Bites with Tartar Sauce
1 lb Pacific pollock, whiting, or halibut (boneless and skinless)
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1 Tbsp creole seasoning
1 half stick (¼ cup) butter
½ tsp olive oil
2 Tbsp flour
2 Tbsp reduced fat mayo
2 Tbsp Honey Greek Yogurt (non-fat)
½ Tbsp of Dill relish
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp parsley
Pinch of black pepper
To Prepare Fish Bites:
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cut fish into bite size pieces (2×1-inch). Pat fish dry with paper towel.
- Combine bread crumbs and creole seasoning in a small bowl.
- In another small bowl melt butter, add olive oil and a dash of salt.
- Put flour on a small plate or bowl. Start dipping fish pieces. First into flour, then into butter mix, and finally in breading (make sure they are completely coated).
- Set onto baking sheet and repeat until all fish pieces are breaded.
- Spray bites with cooking spray, this will help brown the outer edge.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until fish starts to flake.
- Serve with our homemade tartar sauce.
To Prepare Tartar Sauce: Mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve. (This sauce keeps for up to 3 days in the refrigerator)