Mexican Shrimp Cocktail (Coctel de Camaron)
- 1 lb cooked and peeled coldwater shrimp
- 2 Tbsp salt, plus more to taste
1 Tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ cup ketchup
- ¾ cup clam juice
- 2 to 3 Tbsp lime juice (or to taste) Mexican hot sauce, to taste
- 2 roma (plum) tomatoes
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 medium size cucumber, seeds removed, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 small white onion finely chopped
- 2 medium avocados, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup chopped cilantro, loosely packed
- lime wedges, for serving
- cilantro springs, for serving
- Combine salt, pepper, ketchup, clam juice, lime juice, and hot sauce.
- In another bowl, combine shrimp, tomatoes, diced onion, jalapeño, cucumber, celery, avocado, and cilantro.
- Pour dressing over shrimp and vegetable combination, toss to coat. Serve in large, wide-rimmed glasses with a few shrimps on top. Garnish with a lime wedge and cilantro springs.