Oyster Stuffed Mushrooms
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time25 mins
1 – 16 oz container of Hilton’s shucked oysters, chopped
12 – large cremini mushrooms
1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1⁄4 cup butter
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
2 tsp Italian Seasoning
Pinch of salt & pepper
4 Tbsp white wine
1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 red chili pepper, chopped (optional)
1. Prepare the mushrooms.
– Inspect the mushrooms and clean them. Remove the center stem to expose the cap. Set aside.
2. Make the stuffing.
– In a small bowl, combine the chopped oysters, onion, and parsley in the bread crumbs and set aside.
– Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add the minced garlic and sauté for a few minutes. Add in the cayenne pepper, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
– Fry the oysters in the butter mixture. Drain on paper towels.
3. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
4. Fill the mushroom caps with stuffing. Place caps in a baking dish, drizzle with any remaining butter from frypan and the white wine. Sprinkle with cheese and red chili pepper (optional).
5. Cover and bake 350˚F for 15 minutes. Uncover and broil for 1-2 minutes.