Pacific Oyster Stew
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
1 lb (16 oz) oyster meat
1 celery Stalk, chopped
½ bunch Green Onions, chopped
2 Tbps butter
4 cups cream or half and half
¼ cup red pepper, diced
Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter at medium heat and add the celery and green onions. Sauté until translucent.
- Add oysters with liquor and sauté until plump, don’t overcook.
- Add the cream and cook until cream is hot. Do not burn.
- Season to taste (add garlic powder for a little zing).
- Serve in a large bowl and add the diced red peppers.
- Add a pad of butter in the bowl for richer flavor.