Pan Roasted Sablefish with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
1 lb of Sablefish fillets – Buy Now!
1 jar Roasted red peppers
1 garlic clove, minced
1 Tbsp of balsamic vinegar
A pinch of red pepper flakes more if preferred
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Pour oil into a pan and heat on high.
2. Once the oil heats up, place the fish into the HOT pan and allow to cook for five minutes. Turn over onto the other side and cook for 4 minutes.
3. Place pan into the preheated oven for 5 minutes.
4. Remove pan from the oven and place fish on a serving plate, tented with foil.
5. Place the red peppers with about 2 Tbls of the liquid in jar into a blender or food processor and add in minced garlic, balsamic vinegar, salt and black pepper. Whizz it all up until super smooth. Taste for seasoning.
6. Spread the sauce on a plate and serve fish directly on top. Serve with a wedge of lemon if desired.