Salmon with Blueberry Pan Sauce
1 Tbsp olive oil plus additional for brushing
1/2 cup sliced shallots
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp chopped fresh thyme
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/4 cup water
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium heat and sauté shallots until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, salt, thyme, and cloves. Stir about 30 seconds.
- Add blueberries, water, vinegar, and lemon juice. Stir to blend. Mash berries to your desired texture and cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens.
- Brush salmon on both sides with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Brush grill pan or rack on the BBQ with oil and heat to medium high.
- Grill salmon until just opaque in center, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Spoon sauce over salmon. Serve immediately.