Salmon with Blueberry Pan Sauce
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
4 salmon portions, about 3/4 inch thick – Buy Now!
2 Tbsp olive oil, plus additional for brushing
½ cup shallots, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
¼ tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp chopped fresh thyme
⅛ tsp ground cloves
1 cup fresh blueberries
¼ cup water
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium heat and sauté shallots until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, salt, thyme, and cloves. Stir about 30 seconds.
- Add blueberries, water, vinegar, and lemon juice. Stir to blend. Mash berries to your desired texture and cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens. Set aside sauce in bowl.
- Brush salmon on both sides with oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Clean skillet pan used for sauce. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add salmon and cook until just opaque in center, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Spoon sauce over salmon. Serve immediately.