Shrimp And Pasta Fresco
1 lb Shrimp meat
2 Tbsp Olive oil
½ cup Shallots, minced
¾ cup White vermouth, extra dry
1 cup Cream
2 cups Fresh tomatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
1 cup Green onions, chopped
1 lb Fettuccini, cooked
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place olive oil & shallots into a large sauté pan over medium heat and cook until shallots are tender and translucent, stirring often.
- Do not allow shallots to brown.
- Add vermouth, increase heat to high and continue to cook until vermouth has been reduced to two-thirds.
- Add cream and bring to a boil for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, shrimp, green onions and seasoning, cook for 1 minute.
- Place hot pasta on a large serving platter and top with tomato and shrimp mixture.
- Garnish with basil and Asiago cheese.
- Serve immediately with a small spinach salad and warm Foccacia bread.