Shrimp Polenta Bites
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
12 ounces Jumbo or Colossal Shrimp – Buy Now
8 ounces of goat cheese
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves (if using dried oregano, 1 tablespoon)
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 tube yellow polenta
1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
Optional: red pepper and spruce tips for garnish
1. Add the goat cheese and cream to a small mixing bowl and blend until creamy and spreadable. Cool in refrigerator.
2. Remove shells and devein the shrimp. Remove the tails (if desired).
3. Combine shrimp, parsley, minced garlic, oregano, 1/4 cup olive oil, and white wine vinegar.
4. Trim the polenta on its ends, creating a long rectangle. Cut into 12 squares, roughly half an inch in thickness.
5. Spread the panko crumbs onto a flat surface. Press both sides of polenta squares into panko crumbs to coat.
6. Pour enough olive oil to coat the bottom of a nonstick pan. Heat over medium and cook polenta squares in batches, being careful not to overcrowd them. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned.
7. Heat shrimp and sauce in a medium saucepan until shrimp is cooked through.
8. Top polenta squares with a spoonful of the goat cheese mixture and place shrimp on top.
9. Garnish with red pepper and spruce tips. Serve and enjoy!