Smoked Salmon + Sweet Potato Frittata
1 dz cage-free organic eggs
1 package Hot Smoked Salmon
3 chopped cloves garlic
1 chopped yam or sweet potato cut into quarters
6-8 potatoes, cut into quarters
1 red bell pepper
2 cup spinach, chopped
½ cup whole milk ricotta cheese
*Optional – 1 small package of herbs of your choice [chives, basil or parsley work the best, or any combination of the three]
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bring a pot of water to boil. Add quartered sweet potatoes when ready, and cover and cook for 10-12 minutes until mostly softened. Sauté chopped garlic and onions in a large frying pan with coconut, butter or olive oil over medium heat.
- Add chopped pepper, spinach, smoked salmon pieces, sea salt and pepper and sauté until cooked down.
- In the meantime, drain potatoes and add them to the bottom of a rectangular glass or ceramic baking dish. Add sautéed veggies over the potatoes. Whisk eggs in a bowl with sea salt, pepper and chopped herbs. Optional to add some milk or other grated cheese into the eggs.
- Pour the egg mixture into the baking dish, spreading it around evenly.
- Dollop with ricotta cheese [optional] and bake for 30-35 minutes, depending on the depth of your pan. Broil at the end for a nice brown crust.