Sockeye Salmon with Soy Ginger Sauce
2-3 Wild Sockeye Salmon portions (thawed, and chilled)
1 head of fresh broccoli, cut in to spears
2 cup of cooked quinoa
½ cup white wine or Mirin
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp minced ginger
1 tsp sesame seeds
To Prepare Fish:
- Combine wine, soy and sugar.
- Heat a skillet on medium, add the oil, and then put in garlic and ginger.
- Cook 30 seconds or so, then pour in the combined liquids.
Cook about 2 minutes.
Transfer the marinade to a glass dish and let cool a few minutes.
Add the Sockeye Salmon portions and refrigerate 20 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare and cook broccoli.
To Prepare Quinoa:
- Follow package directions.
To Cook Salmon:
- Turn oven to broil, remove Sockeye Salmon portions from the dish and pat dry.
Place on foil-lined sheet pan.
Place under broiler and broil until cooked through, 5-8 minutes.
In a small saucepan, bring the remaining marinade to a boil and serve the fish and broccoli.
Sprinkle sesame seeds over fish and garnish with a lime wedge.