Tequila Lime Shrimp
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp – Buy Now!
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
½ of a medium onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 medium lime juice
2 oz clear tequila
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Toss the shrimp with the cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- Add the oil to the pan and sautee the garlic and onion until fragrant, about 2 minutes
- Add the shrimp to the pan and cook them undisturbed for about 2 minutes.
- Flip the shrimp over, add garlic, red pepper flakes and cook for about 1 minute, until opaque.
- Add the tequila and cook 30 to 40 seconds until slightly evaporated.
- Remove from heat then squeeze the lime over all the shrimp.
- Add the cilantro, toss well, and serve.