Hawaiian Style Oyster Po' Boy
16oz. Hilton’s shucked oysters – Buy Now!
1 cup White Flour
1 cup Longboard Kona Beer
1 cup Panko breading (or your favorite breading)
Canola oil (or any high heat oil – olive oil not recommended)
2 cups shredded lettuce
1 avocado – mashed
1 cup pico de gallo
1/2 mango, diced
1 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp chili sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
- Shuck oysters, pat dry, and set aside.
- Heat ½ inch of oil in a frying pan on medium high heat.
- Put flour in a dish with salt and pepper. (Add garlic or ginger powder for additional flavor).
- In a separate dish, mix enough egg and milk to dip your oysters, and scramble well.
- Dip oyster first in flour; dredge in the egg and milk and last coat with the Panko. Shake excess breading off.
- Place oysters in the hot pan and cook 45 to 60 seconds per side or until breading is golden brown. After cooking, place the oyster on paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Gently mix diced mango, chili sauce, and honey into pico de gallo, set aside.
- Toast inside of hoagie in lightly buttered pan and then take off heat.
- On the bottom of the hoagie roll spread a thin layer of mashed avocado, add shredded lettuce. Place approximately 4 fried oysters on top of lettuce. Sparingly, add mango salsa mixture on top of oyster, add top piece of hoagie roll.
- Enjoy immediately with your favorite Kona beer!