Miso Marinated Sablefish
4-6 oz skinless sablefish fillets (about 1.5 in. thick) – Buy Now!
3 Tbsp sake
3 Tbsp mirin
1/2 cup white miso
1/3 cup sugar
1. First, prepare the marinade. Bring sake and mirin to a boil on high heat in a medium skillet. Boil until reduced by one-third.
2. Turn heat to low. Whisk in white miso and cook until dissolved.
3. Turn heat back up to high and add in the sugar. Stir constantly to prevent burning until sugar is dissolved (about 2-3 min.). Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
4. Marinate sablefish fillets in the miso marinade in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
5. Gently wipe off excess marinade from the fillets. Broil in oven until well browned on both sides (about 5 min each side). Also great for grilling.