Baked Mediterranean Sole
Juice of 1 lemon
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup unsalted melted butter
2 shallots, thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves, thinly-sliced
2 Tbsp capers
1 tsp salt, or to your taste
¾ tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp garlic powder
1.5 lb Sole fillet (about 10-12 thin fillets)
4-6 green onions, top trimmed, halved length-wise
1 lemon, sliced (optional)
¾ cup roughly chopped fresh dill for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil and melted butter with a dash of salt. Stir in the shallots, garlic and capers.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the salt, pepper, oregano and garlic powder. Sprinkle seasoning on both sides of fish fillets.
- Place the fish fillets on a lightly-oiled large baking pan. Pour the butter lemon mixture on top of fillets. Top with the green onion halves and lemon slices.
- Bake in 375°F heated oven for 10-15 minutes, until opaque. Do not overcook.
- Remove the fish fillets from the oven and garnish with the chopped fresh dill.
- Serve with roasted red potatoes and a green salad.