Smoked Salmon Alfredo w/Roasted Broccoli and Peas
4 cup brown rice or wheat fusilli noodles
1-2 packages Hot Smoked Salmon, we used wild sockeye – Buy Now!
2 heads broccoli, florets only
1 cup frozen peas
*basil or parsley (optional for garnish)
Cashew Alfredo Sauce
1 cup cashews
1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
3 Tbsp butter
1 tsp gluten free flour or unbleached flour
½ lemon, juiced
¼ tsp pepper
¼ tsp sea salt
- Add cashews to a bowl of water to soak while you prepare the rest of the sauce.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter, broth and lemon juice over medium heat. Whisk in flour, pepper and sea salt.
- Remove sauce from heat. Drain water from the cashews and add to a blender with the warm sauce liquid. Blend on high for 1 minute, adding a bit of water if necessary. Set aside.
- Add a large and a medium pot of water to boil on the stovetop. In the large pot, add noodles and cook al dente, according to the package. In the medium pot, add broccoli and peas and cook for 4-5 minutes until they are bright green. Drain water from both pots when ready, leaving a tiny bit of water in the pasta pot.
- Add vegetables to the pasta pot and drizzle alfredo sauce over the top. Gently mix to combine. Tear or chop smoked salmon into bite sized pieces and add to the pot to serve. Optional to garnish pasta dishes with fresh chopped basil or parsley.