Tired of ham and turkey? Try this hearty and delightful dish as the hero of your big family meal!
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1 yellow onion, diced
• 4 cups baby spinach leaves
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon black pepper
• ⅔ cup cream cheese, softened
• ¼ cup dried breadcrumbs
• ¼ cup parmesan
• 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed in the fridge
• 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets, skin removed
• 1 egg, beaten
- Make the spinach filling. Melt the butter, and saute the diced onion until it’s soft and translucent.
- Add the spinach, and cook until it just wilts. Season with black pepper, and add the cream cheese. After the cream cheese melts, add the parmesan cheese and the breadcrumbs. Mix everything together and remove from heat.
- Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Roll out the pastry sheet, cut it into halves (or in a size that’s good enough to fit the salmon and the filling).
- Place each salmon fillet in the center of the puff pastry sheet and leave about 2 inches around the edges. If the puff pastry sheet is not big enough, roll it out.
- Top each salmon fillet with the spinach mixture using a spoon, spreading evenly. Brush the edges of the puff pastry sheets with a beaten egg and fold over.
- Place the salmon on a greased or parchment paper lined baking sheet seam side down. Make slits on the top using a sharp knife.
- Bake at 400F for 30 minutes or until golden brown.