Coconut Crusted Swai with Tropical Salsa
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time15 mins
½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
½ cup finely chopped mango
1 Tbsp finely chopped red onion
½ jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
½ tsp honey
¼ tsp salt
1 pkg (12 oz) Pacific Seafood Swai, thawed
½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
½ cup dried breadcrumbs
¼ tsp each salt and freshly ground pepper
⅓ cup all-purpose flour
1 egg, beaten
3 Tbsp canola oil
To Prepare Tropical Salsa:
- Stir the tomatoes with the mango, red onion, jalapeño, lime juice, cilantro, honey and salt.
- Chill for 30 minutes before serving.
- Adjust salt to taste.
To Prepare Coconut-Crusted Swai:
- Toss the coconut with the breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- Coat each fillet in flour, then dip in egg and then coat with the coconut-crumb mixture.
- Heat the oil in nonstick skillet set over medium heat.
- Cook fillets for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve fish with Tropical Salsa and lime wedges.