Breaded Arrowtooth Flounder Fillets
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time15 mins
1 ½ lb Arrowtooth Flounder Fillets
1 cup Sesame Seeds
1 cup Bread Crumbs, dried & coarsely ground
½ cup White Vermouth, dry or extra dry
1 large Egg, well beaten
1 cup All-Purpose Flour
¼ cup Canola Oil plus 2 tsp Butter
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Combine sesame seeds and bread crumbs. Set aside.
- Combine egg and vermouth, mixing well. Set aside.
- Season flour with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Evenly coat Arrowtooth Flounder fillets with flour, shaking off excess.
- Dip flour-coated fillet in egg mixture, then gently press fillet into sesame and bread crumb mixture, taking care to coat fillets evenly.
- Allow breaded fillets to rest for 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, combine oil and butter. When oil is hot, add fillets and sauté for approximately 2 minutes on each side or until lightly golden. Do not overcook.