Sesame Crusted Whiting
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
1 ½ lbs Whiting fillets
1 cup Sesame seeds
1 cup Bread crumbs, dried & coarsely ground
½ cup White vermouth, dry or extra dry
1 Egg, beaten well
1 cup All-purpose flour
¼ cup Canola oil
2 tsp Butter
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Combine sesame seeds, bread crumbs and set aside.
- Combine egg and vermouth, mixing well, set aside.
- Season flour with salt and pepper, mix well.
- Evenly coat fillets with flour, shake off excess.
- Dip flour-coated fillet in egg mixture, then gently press fillet into sesame and bread mixture, coating each fillet evenly.
- Allow breaded fillets to rest for 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, combine oil and butter.
- When oil is hot, add fillets and sauté for approximately 2 minutes on each side or until lightly golden.
- Serve with tartar sauce.