Tequila Lime Whiting
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
4 Pacific whiting fillets
½ tsp paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup lime juice
2 Tbsp blanco tequila
2 cloves garlic, minced
1-2 tsp Tabasco, depending on your preferred heat level
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 cup olive oil
1. Blend all marinade ingredients together in blender or food processor until well blended.
2. Place fillets in a flat pan in a single layer and cover evenly with the marinade, setting aside ½ cup. Cover the pan with clear wrap, and chill for 1 hour.
3. When ready to cook, preheat broiler and grease broiler pan. Place fillets on broiler pan and sprinkle with paprika, salt, and pepper.
4. Place fish about 6-8 inches from heat source and broil, basting with half of the remaining marinade, for about 5 minutes each side or until fish flakes.
5. Heat the unused ½ cup of remaining marinade through in the microwave and serve it drizzled as a sauce over the broiled fish.