Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time5 mins
4 Calamari steaks (1 lb) (thaw per package instructions)
1 cup Flour
Freshly cracked pepper
4 Eggs, beaten
1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
Canola oil for frying
- Heat canola oil to 360°F.
- Slice calamari against the grain, into strips.
- Dredge the strips in flour seasoned with salt and pepper, then the beaten egg, then in panko.
- Fry for 20 seconds, until crispy and golden.
- Drain on wire rack.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and serve with your favorite cocktail sauce.