Mixed Seafood Risotto
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time30 mins
1 lb seafood mix
1-3/4 cup arborio risotto rice
5-1/2 cups fish stock or chicken/vegetable stock
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/3 cup butter
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
2/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1. On low heat, add oil and butter in a pan, until butter has melted. Add in garlic.
2. Add the rice and mix in to oil, butter and garlic for 2 minutes, then increase the heat to medium-high.
3. Heat the stock, and add one ladle at a time to the rice mixture. Stir regularly, adding another ladle of stock as it is absorbed. Continue this process until all of the stock has been absorbed, about 20 minutes.
4. Turn heat to medium-low and add the cooked mixed seafood and oregano. Stir to heat for 4-5 minutes. If using raw seafood mix, cook for about 10 minutes.
5. Turn off heat. Add salt and pepper to taste, and the parmesan cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted.
6. Top with fresh parsley, serve, and enjoy!