1 lb (16 oz) oyster meat
Panko breading (or your favorite breading)
Canola oil (or any high heat oil – olive oil not recommended)
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Drain liquor from the oysters and pat dry
- Put flour in a dish with salt and pepper. (Add garlic or ginger powder to your taste).
- Mix enough egg and milk to dip your oysters, and scramble well.
- Dip oyster first in flour; dredge in the egg and milk and last coat with the Panko.
- Shake excess breading off.
- Put about ½ inch of oil (a spoonful of butter if you like) in a frying pan and turn to medium high. Make sure pan is hot before placing oysters in it.
- Place oysters in the hot pan and cook 45 to 60 seconds per side or until breading is golden brown.
- After cooking, place the oyster on paper towels to drain excess oil. Serve immediately.