Grilled Oysters w/ Roasted Garlic-Red Pepper Butter
24 Half Shell Oysters
1 red bell pepper
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 Tbsp canola oil
½ tsp kosher salt
½ lb (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp black pepper
2 Tbsp sliced chives
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Roast the pepper on a grill, the rack about 4 inches from the fire. Put the pepper directly over the heat. Grill, turning as each side blackens, until it collapses, 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer pepper to a bowl, cover it tightly with plastic wrap, and let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- When pepper is cool, peel off skin and remove seeds and the stem. Dice pepper and set aside.
- With an electric mixer, whip the butter, paprika, garlic, and black pepper on low speed. Slowly increase the speed to high and whisk until light and fluffy. Add the roasted pepper and mix evenly.
- Preheat your grill until hot. Place oysters shell down until the oysters start to ruffle around the edges. Add 1 tablespoon of roasted pepper butter on top of each oyster and cook until bubbling.
- Carefully remove the oysters from the grill and arrange on your serving platter. Sprinkle with chives.