Grilled Oysters w/ Roasted Garlic Red Pepper Butter
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time30 mins
24 Half Shell Oysters
1 red bell pepper
½ lb (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 Tbsp canola oil
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 tsp paprika
½ tsp kosher salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
2 Tbsp green onions, chopped
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. The grill rack should be about 4 inches from the fire. Roast the pepper on the grill, put the pepper directly over the heat. Grill, turning as each side blackens, until it collapses about 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer pepper to a bowl, cover it tightly with plastic wrap, and let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- When pepper is cool, peel off skin and remove seeds and the stem. Dice pepper and set aside.
- With an electric mixer whip the butter, oil, paprika, garlic, salt, and black pepper on low speed. Slowly increase the speed to high and whisk until light and fluffy. Add the roasted pepper and mix evenly.
- Preheat your grill until hot. Place oysters shell down until the oysters start to ruffle around the edges. Add 1 tablespoon of roasted pepper butter on top of each oyster and cook until bubbling.
- Carefully remove the oysters from the grill and arrange on your serving platter. Sprinkle with green onions.