Bay Scallops Provencal
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time10 mins
1 lb Bay scallops – Buy Now!
Salt and pepper to taste
4 Tbsp butter, divided
1 large shallot, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, finely chopped
2 Tbsp lemon juice
⅓ cup dry white wine
2 Tbsp minced flat-leaf parsley
1. Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel (moisture on scallops will prevent browning).
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a large sauté pan. Add the shallot and garlic and sauté over medium heat a few minutes, until soft. Remove the shallots and garlic, draining well to keep most of the butter in the pan. Increase the heat to medium-high. Cook scallops until lightly browned on both sides, about 2-3 minutes.
3. Return the shallot and garlic to the skillet. Add the tomatoes and sauté until softened. Add the lemon juice and wine and stir just until the ingredients are well combined. With a slotted spoon, transfer the scallops to a warm serving dish.
4. Increase the heat to high and reduce the liquid until it thickens to the consistency of heavy cream. Lower heat and add in the remaining butter. Add salt and pepper to taste. Fold in the parsley.
5. Pour the sauce over the scallops. Serve and enjoy!