Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time10 mins
10oz Hilton’s Oysters
8 corn tortillas
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, loosely chopped
2 cups shredded cabbage and carrots (coleslaw mix)
1 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika
1 cup bread crumbs
Canola oil for frying
1 lime, cut into slices
1 cup mayo (substitute ½ cup with plain yogurt if desired)
4 Tbsp lime juice
1/4 tsp of cumin
1/2 tsp chipotle sauce
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1. Drain jarred oysters and pat dry, set aside in bowl.
2. Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Add half of the mixture to the shredded cabbage and carrots. The remaining mixture add some more lime to thin out dressing for the tacos. Cover and place in the refrigerator.
3. Combine flour, salt, and paprika in a one bowl. Lightly beat one egg in another bowl. Have a third bowl with breadcrumbs.
4. Dip the oysters first in the flour mixture, then the egg, then coat in the panko breadcrumbs. Fry in medium hot oil until golden brown on all sides, drain and set aside.
5. Warm the corn tortillas. Place a little bit of the slaw mix on the bottom, add your oysters, drizzle with some of the dressing and top with some fresh cilantro. Serve with fresh lime wedges.