1 pound Colossal Shrimp – Buy Here
1 tablespoon olive oil
8 ounces 1/2-inch cubes smoked ham (about 1 3/4 cups)
2 cups chopped onions
1 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/4 teaspoon (generous) saffron threads, crumbled
1/4 teaspoon hot Spanish paprika or hot Hungarian paprika
3 1/4 cups (or more) low-salt chicken broth, divided
1 1/2 cups arborio rice or medium-grain white rice
1/2 cup pimiento-stuffed green olives, halved
1. Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add smoked ham, onions, and bell pepper, and sauté until golden brown, about 8 minutes.
3. Stir in saffron and paprika, then 3 cups broth and rice. Bring to boil.
4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until rice is almost tender, about 15 minutes.
5. Nestle shrimp into rice, top with olives, and drizzle with 1/4 cup (or more) broth to moisten.
6. Cover and cook until shrimp are just opaque in center, about 6 minutes.
7. Season to taste with more salt and pepper and enjoy!