Shrimp and Asparagus Salad
- 1 lb coldwater shrimp
- 1 lb asparagus (woody stem ends removed)
- ½ English cucumber, diced
- ½ orange bell pepper, remove seeds & stem, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 oz Feta cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add the asparagus and boil for 3 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove the asparagus to a bowl of ice water to cool.
- Slice the asparagus spears thinly on the diagonal until you get close to the tip. Cut the asparagus tips off in one piece. Cut up the remaining vegetables and add all the vegetables to bowl along with the shrimp.
- Whisk the olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and parsley together in a small bowl. Pour over the shrimp and vegetables and toss to combine. Add salt and black pepper to taste, and add more lemon juice if desired, to taste. Sprinkle feta cheese crumbles over the top, and serve.